Why smugmug is the best photography website
Begin your 14 day free trial with a leading photo building website platform and test why we rate SmugMug as the preferred photography website.
I love SmugMug simply because it is vibrant, fun, advanced and an informative platform. You can connect and learn from like-minded people. It is an all-in-one photo solutions site suitable for serious travellers and memory makers, or amateur and serious photographers. All SmugMug packages offer unlimited full resolution photo storage (true story), portfolio website building & ecommerce, custom privacy and sharing settings, social media network platform for family, friends & fellow photographers, social sharing links, stats that include photo views, real human support, and compatible with Google Analytics.
Benefits & how to use SmugMug to its full potential
- 14 day free trial
- Community, support and continuous improvement
- Templates & customisation
- Mobile apps for on-the-go photographers.
- Photo integration & import from other sites
- Selling photos
One of the best Smugmug attributes is the 14 day free trial that they offer prospective users. During the trial you have full access to test drive all the paid for features on the platform. Choose from 4 different plans:
- Basic – create a beautiful custom website and galleries for memory makers.
- Power – advanced control options over the way your photo site looks.
- Portfolio – the best option if you’re ready to start selling your photos.
- Pro – for the professional photographer that needs pioneering client tools and workflow.
Community & support
On official sign-up you will receive an invite to attend a set-up demo and live Q&A. If you cannot make the webinar, you can receive a live recording, or sign-up for an alternative date.
Be inspired, learn the SmugMug basics and explore some of their favorite sites during a 30-minute presentation. Or ask in-house experts questions.
Learn the Following:
- How to create galleries, folders and pages.
- How to use gallery privacy settings.
- How to save time and use ‘Gallery Presets’.
- How to choose the site design template that’s best for you.
- And more!
24/7 real live human support
There’s numerous resources to get you started including the photography lounge podcasts, an active forum, and an interactive blog providing inspiration, how to’s, pro insights and news. Their web tools are in-depth, but if you need to speak to a real person, they sharp and quick in replying 364 days a year.
Customization and templates
Whether you are showcasing or selling your photos you can customise your site with ease for your purpose.
The site makes use of custom blocks which users can drag and drop to their preference. No html coding experience is necessary.
Customization cababilities include (There’s a start-up wizard, and comprehensive support centre to assist you at any stage):
- Templates – choose from over 21 changeable templates.
- Page content.
- Themes (colours and fonts).
- Layout, with building blocks.
You can seamlessly embed awesome galleries into website content that don’t click through to a 3rd party site.
Their mobile apps have you covered. It works flawlessly with displaying, sharing and protecting your photos from anywhere. Download to your camera roll to send via text or share on your social accounts.Perks include:
- Auto-upload – from camera roll or other apps.
- Manage content – 100% compatible with desktop and easy to navigate on app.
- Offline viewing – you can mark any gallery for viewing offline, so the galleries you select are always available.
- Easy sharing
SmugMug has an AppleTV app, available in the iTunes App Store on your Apple TV (the App Store is only available on 4th-generation Apple TV’s or later). Once installed you can browse SmugMug films, play your slideshows and videos for entertainment purposes.
Users can easily integrate and directly transfer photos from other platforms including:
If you are an amateur or professional photographer, this is the perfect platform to easily setup an ecommerce platform. It includes the following benefits:
- Turnkey storefront
- e-commerce optimised galleries
- Customise priceless and coupons
- Add your unique digital branding with ease
- Powerful SEO tools
- Lightroom plugin
- Fulfill orders with top labs: Bay Photo, WHCC, EZPrints, and Loxley Colour (UK)
Finally to ensure the best Smugmug experience, combine it with one of the world’s leading hosting service providers starting from as little as $3.95 per month. Founded in 2003, Bluehost is one of the largest and most respected web hosting providers in the world. It supports more than 2 million websites worldwide. It also offers an anytime money-back guarantee. Customers can cancel at anytime without penalty to receive a prorated refund. Full refunds are available in the first 30 days (minus the cost of domains if canceled after three days).
- Bandwidth is unmetered.
- Support is available 24/7 via phone, chat, and tickets.
- Breakthrough Technology, with state-of-the-art data center